Steam Turbine Governor System
- Identify facts pertaining to governor history
- Recognize governor system components
- Identify components associated with normal operations
- Identify components associated with shutdown operations
- Recall actions related to normal system operation
As discussed in previous courses, the steam turbine is the power plant component which converts thermal energy from steam into mechanical energy to power a generator. The steam turbine requires a governor to operate. Understanding the governor system components and normal and trip operation is necessary to operate steam turbines safely and effectively.
The Steam Turbine Governor System training course identifies the components and function of a typical turbine governor system. This online course explains:
- Normal operations
- Shutdown operations
Steam Turbine Governor System is part of the Turbine Auxiliaries System and Control Series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 55 Minutes