Wind Energy Production
- Define capacity factor
- Compare the capacity factor of a traditional coal-fired power plant to that of a modern wind farm
- Describe how the costs of construction and operation for a traditional fossil-fired power plant compare to those of a new, large scale wind farm
- Discuss how the cost of wind energy has become more competitive over the years
As discussed previously, wind energy is quickly becoming a significant part of the national energy portfolio. Understanding the role wind energy serves in electrical systems helps you understand how it impacts electrical markets.
The Wind Energy Production training course discusses the relationship between the size of a wind farm and its capacity factor. It explains how wind energy impacts traditional energy markets. This online training course includes:
- Understanding wind energy
- Wind energy potential
- Cost of wind energy
This course is part of the Wind Energy training series.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 45 Minutes