Introduction to the Periodic Table of Elements
- Discuss the history of the periodic table of elements
- Describe the role elements play in chemistry
- Explain the importance of an element’s atomic weight, atomic number, and symbol
- Discuss how electrons in the outer shell of an atom relate to chemical reactions and bonding
- Describe the organizational pattern of the periodic table of elements and list classifications of elements
Industrial facilities work with a variety of chemical elements when producing products. Understanding these elements and their interactions increases the ability to understand the various chemical processes used in a facility.
Introduction to the Periodic Table of Elements presents the periodic table of elements, explains how it is arranged, and introduces how electrons control an element's chemical behavior and reactions. This online training course explains:
- History of the periodic table of elements
- Elements and classifications
- Periodic table layout
This course is part of the Industrial Sciences training series. Note: course content is the same as 559-02.
- Training Type: Online Interactive
- 65 Minutes