- Describe the purpose and scope of the NIH guidelines for rDNA research experiments.
- List the roles and responsibilities of the institutions and individuals responsible for ensuring the safety of rDNA research.
- Describe the steps and information required to submit an rDNA experiment proposal for review.
- Explain the basic review and approval process for an rDNA experiment.
This lesson introduces the NIH guidelines for recombinant DNA (rDNA) research, describes the laboratory and government organizations that are involved with rDNA research oversight, and presents the steps required to get an rDNA research experiment approved so that work may begin.
- 20 Minutes
- Overview of the NIH Guidelines
- Benefits and Hazards of rDNA Research
- Proposal Submission Process
- NIH Guidelines