- Describe what valves do, the materials they can consist of, and their various uses.
- Describe the different types of valves and how they function.
- Identify the potential consequences of valve incidents.
- Explain the purpose of a hazard analysis, when to conduct one, and what one should include.
- List best safe safety practices for working with valves.
- Identify the symptoms of MSDs (like sprains and strains) and the risk factors in the workplace that contribute to the development of MSDs.
- List the elements of proper posture, its benefits, and the steps to take to maintain it.
- Explain how to apply ergonomic solutions to tasks in the workplace.
- Discuss the proper selection and use of tools and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Explain lockout and tagout requirements and good housekeeping practices.
This lesson covers valve safety and includes information on the types of valves, their purposes and characteristics; valve-related incidents that may occur in the workplace and how to prevent them; injuries that could occur as a result of valve use and how to avoid them, and best practices for selecting the right tools for a job and maintaining valves.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 18 minutes
- Types of Valves
- Risk Assessment
- Ergonomic Issues
- Working Safely with Valves
- 29 CFR Subpart H - Hazardous Materials - 1910.110 Storage and handling of liquefied petroleum gas
- 29 CFR Subpart H - Hazardous Materials - 1910.119 Process safety management of highly hazardous chemicals