DOT Incident Response and Transport Security
- Describe response strategies how to respond to a hazardous materials transportation incident.
- Explain how to protect against hazardous materials security threats.
This is Lesson 5 of a five-lesson hazardous materials transportation awareness curriculum. The purpose of the lesson is to provide individuals who are involved with the transportation of hazardous materials with an awareness-level understanding of incident response and transport security. This awareness-level course has been prepared to meet the intent of the Federal DOT hazardous materials regulations, Title 49 CFR, Parts 172 through 173.
- 20 minutes
- Incident Response
- Transport Security
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Part 172, Subpart G (Emergency Response) and Subpart I (Safety and Security)
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Part 177, Carriage by Public Highway
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Subchapter B, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, Part 397, Transportation of Hazardous Materials, Driving and Parking Rules
- California Department of Motor Vehicles, Section 9: Hazardous Materials
- Driver Hazardous Materials Safety Guide, Zurich Services Corporation, 2015
- Hazardous Materials Rules for Commercial Drivers, Excerpts from New Jersey Commercial Driver&#39;s License Manual