Mandatory Health and Safety Standards
- Explain the purpose of MSHA's health and safety standards and how to find the MSHA regulations online
- Identify safety and health concerns that occur throughout the mine
- Identify safety and health concerns that occur primarily in the pit
- Identify safety and health concerns that occur primarily in the plant
This lesson is part of the required MSHA annual refresher training for surface miners. It is the first in a series of courses they will take and will introduce them to the MSHA health and safety standards. It will explain the purpose of the standards and show miners how to access the regulations themselves. All 17 standards will be introduced and the health hazards that are applicable to miners will be identified.
- Training Type: Interactive
- 45 minutes
- Safety Concerns Throughout the Mine
- Mine Tour: The Pit
- Mine Tour: The Plant
- 30 CFR Part 56, Safety and Health Standards - Surface Metal and Non-Metal Mines, Subpart B - Ground Control
- 30 CFR Part 77, Mandatory Safety Standards, Surface Coal Mines and Surface Work Areas of Underground Coal Mines, Subpart A - General
- 2015 Preliminary Accident Reports, Fatalgrams and Fatal Accident Reports found at http://www.msha.gov/fatals/met...
- 2014 Preliminary Accident Reports, Fatalgrams and Fatal Accident Reports found at http://www.msha.gov/fatals/met...