Part 48 Surface New Miner Training
Courses in this Collection
- Electrical Hazards
- Emergency Evacuation and Fire Escape
- First Aid
- Ground Control
- Hazard Recognition
- Health and Safety Aspects of Assigned Tasks
- Miner Rights
- Prevention of Accidents
- Self-Rescue and Respiratory Devices
- Transportation Controls and Communication Systems
HSI offers part 48 subpart B New Miner that covers surface, metal, nonmetal, and coal mines.
In order to enter a mine site, workers are required to take Part 48 Surface New Miner Training and conduct Refresher training each year.
Benefits of doing your MSHA training online:
- No travel time
- No hotel costs
- Provides the best training right in the convenience of your office or home
- Gain your MSHA certification from anywhere
All you’ll need in order to participate in the virtual classroom is:
- An internet connection
- Webcam and microphone
And if you’re not tech-savvy? Don’t worry, we will ensure that your setup will work properly after we run you through our systems check, prior to beginning the class.
*Approximate total time is 24 hours.
**English language proficiency required for Part 48 New Miner training.
If you need more information on these special course dates or are wondering how to get this course for more than one person, contact an MSHA Specialist at 1-844-468-6742 during business hours of 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM PST.
- 24 hours