DOT Packaging Hazardous Materials
- Describe the steps for packaging a hazardous material.
- Explain how to select appropriate hazardous materials packaging.
- Describe how to determine and prepare required hazardous materials identifiers, including labels, markings, placards, and shipping papers.
This is Lesson 3 of a five-lesson hazardous materials transportation awareness curriculum. The purpose of the lesson is to provide individuals who are involved with the transportation of hazardous materials with an awareness level understanding of how to package hazardous materials. This awareness-level course has been prepared to meet the intent of the Federal DOT hazardous material regulations, Title 49 CFR, Parts 172 through 173.
- 25 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- Selecting Packaging
- Hazardous Materials Identifiers
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Subtitle B, Chapter I, Subchapter C, Part 172, Subpart B, Table of Hazardous Materials Table and Special Provisions
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Subtitle B, Chapter I, Part 173, Shippers – General Requirements for Shipments and Packaging
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Subtitle B, Chapter I, Subchapter C, Part 177, 177.848, Segregation of hazardous materials