Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace
- Identify issues created by drug and alcohol use in the workplace.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of workplace behavior related to drug and alcohol use.
- Recall industry best practices on internal reporting of possible drug and alcohol use.
- Identify sources for getting help for drug and alcohol misuse.
- Recall federal requirements for a Drug-Free Workplace program.
The goal of this lesson is to reduce the financial and personnel cost of injuries and lost workdays due to controllable factors such as illness, use of medication, and drug and alcohol use.