PPE - Hand Protection
- Recognize the value of PPE for the hands
- Identify common workplace hazards regarding the hands
- Describe the common characteristics of PPE for the hands
- Identify common types of PPE for the hands
- Describe the proper fit for PPE for the hands
- Explain how to care for PPE for the hands
- List employee and employer responsibilities regarding PPE for the hands
The purpose of this lesson is to provide workers with high level knowledge and skills regarding hand PPE, as commonly required by regulatory agencies.
- 10 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Hand Protection
- California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Subchapter 7, General Industry Safety Orders, Article 10, Personal Safety Devices and Safeguards, 3381, Head Protection
- OSH Act Section 5 (a) (1), known as the General Duty Clause.
- 1910.132 General Requirements (including 1910.132 (h)(1), employer payment for PPE changes that became effective May 15 2008).
- 1910.135 - Hand protection.