Hazardous Materials Transportation: Handling Non-Bulk Packages
- Describe the minimum requirements for complying with the hazardous materials regulations for non-bulk shipments.
- List the information about hazardous chemicals that can be found in the Hazardous Materials Table.
- List the information that must be marked on packages to be shipped.
- Explain how to properly contain hazardous materials for shipping.
This lesson teaches best practices for handling non-bulk packaging, and reviews the Hazardous Materials Table, capacities and vapor space.
- 20 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- What Is Non-Bulk Packaging?
- Selecting Non-Bulk Packaging
- Package Markings and Labels
- Transporting Non-Bulk Packages
- 49 CFR 173 - Shippers-General Requirements for Shipments and Packagings
- 49 CFR 178 - Specifications for Packagings