Introduction to Radiation Safety
- Identify the sources of radiation they will likely encounter in a lab or clinical setting
- Describe the radiation safety program
- Recognize the requirements for projects that involve radiation.
- Explain what radiation is
- List the forms of radiation
- Describe how radiation is measured.
- Explain the routes of exposure to radiation
- Describe the effects of exposure to radiation
This lesson provides an introduction to radioactivity and procedures to follow to minimize the risks associated with accidental and occupational exposure.
- 20 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- The Radiation Safety Program
- Radiation Basics