EWT - Line-Clearance Tree Trimming
- Recognize, and respond appropriately to, electrical and weather hazards.
- Evaluate and safely use gasoline-engine power saws.
- Evaluate and safely use backpack power units, wood/brush chippers, stump cutters, and herbicide sprayers.
- Properly select, inspect, use, and store ropes and fall-protection devices.
The goal of this lesson is to provide awareness training for electrical workers regarding safe practices while performing line-clearance tree trimming, including specific instruction on how to safely use and various tools and equipment related to this task.
- 20 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- Establishing Safe Working Conditions
- Using Power Saws
- Using Other Trimming Equipment
- Using Ropes for Fall Protection
- 29 CFR 1910.269, Subpart R: Special Industries, Section (r)
- 29 CFR 1910.266, Subpart R: Logging operations