EWT - Power Generation
- Identify and apply appropriate general safety practices for working in power generation facilities (including hydrogen and anhydrous-ammonia precautions).
- Apply appropriate safety practices for guarding equipment and energized parts.
- Apply appropriate safety practices when working on boilers and related chlorine systems.
- Apply appropriate safety practices when working with coal and ash.
This lesson covers general safety practices for working in power generating plants, how to guard energized equipment and energized parts, and work around steam boilers, chlorine systems, coal, and ash.
- 20 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- General Safety Measure
- Guarding Equipment and Energized Parts
- Boiler and Chlorine Managment
- Coal and Ash Handling
- 29 CFR, Subpart R: Special Industries - 1910.269, Section (v): Power generation
- 29 CFR, Subpart H: Hazardous waste operations and emergency response - 1910.120 (g)(3): Personal protective equipment selection
- 29 CFR, Subpart H: Hazardous Materials - 1910.111: Storage and handling of anhydrous ammonia
- 29 CFR, Subpart I: Personal Protective Equipment - 1910.132: General requirements
- 29 CFR, Subpart I: Personal Protective Equipment - 1910.133: Eye and face protection
- 29 CFR, Subpart I: Personal Protective Equipment - 1910.134: Respiratory protection