- Define safety audit and describe its purpose.
- Recognize the importance of safety audits and the objectives of a safety audit program.
- Identify how to plan and conduct a safety audit.
- Identify how to inspect the work area and work practices.
- Identify how to formulate recommendations for corrective action recommendations, make audit reports, and conduct follow-ups.
The goal of this lesson is to provide awareness training for managers, supervisors, and general employees on the importance of safety audits and how to plan and conduct an audit.
- 25 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- Importance of a Safety Audit
- Planning and Conducting Safety Audits
- Inspecting the Work Area and Work Practices
- Completing the Audit Report
- OSHA CFR 29, Final Policy Concerning the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's Treatment of Voluntary Employer Safety and Health Self-Audits.