- Define silica and identify its most common source materials.
- Describe the potential chronic health effects of chronic silica exposure.
- Recognize workplace activities that may generate airborne respirable silica.
- Describe basic methods to mitigate airborne silica dust.
- Describe actions that minimize the risk of exposure to crystalline silica.
- Describe the basics of combined protections that can be implemented to prevent exposure to silica-containing compounds.
This lesson is designed to improve the safety of workers in environments where silica exposure hazards exist by increasing employee awareness of this hazard and by demonstrating how the hazard can be recognized and addressed in the workplace.
- 20 minutes
- Format: Online Interactive
- English , Spanish
- Silica and Its Health Effects
- Workplace Exposures
- Minimizing Your Risk