Utility - Working with Self-Contained Meters
- Recognize that failure to work with meters safely can lead to injury or death, as well as damage to equipment and property
- Identify types of meters and how electricity usage is measured
- Describe the roles of employees who work with meters
- Identify the electrical hazards associated with meters
- Explain the hazards of not communicating with customers, and of wasps and snakes nesting in meters
The goal of this lesson is to provide awareness training for utility workers about safely exchanging, connecting, and disconnecting electric meters.