OSHA COVID-19 ETS Organizational Self-Assessment Tool
Fill out the form to download this resource.
HSI created this organizational self-assessment tool in response to the Nov. 5, 2021, release of OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) 1910.501 related to COVID-19 testing, vaccine tracking, face coverings, reporting, and employee communication.
We want to help you, the employer, evaluate your company’s programs and policies to create a COVID-safe workplace and identify areas you may need to work on. If you’d like to review the text of the OSHA standard, HSI created a document of the standard that is easier to digest, click here to download.
Organizations may want or need to have policies regarding COVID vaccines, testing, and masking in order to address a variety of needs, in addition to the OSHA ETS, such as:
- State and other local government regulations similar to the OSHA ETS that have been in place or may currently be under review to be updated.
- Local (state, county, municipal) health department regulations regarding reporting vaccination rates and/or virus cases.
- Corporate policies/mandates (many large corporations have mandates regarding vaccines, testing and mask wearing, for example, Tyson Foods, Walt Disney Corporation, Microsoft, Amtrak, Hewlett-Packard, to name a few.)
- Requirements from other companies your organization does business with (i.e. COVID safety mandates that apply to contractors and vendors, that your employees may fall under.)
- Competition to be an employer of choice, providing a safe place to work.
- Collective bargaining agreements that include elements of the OSHA ETS regarding making the workplace safe for employees.
Download the assessment tool and OSHA COVID-19 ETS to make informed decisions about your workplace and ensure the safety of employees and customers.