30 Reasons to Leave Your Safety Training Vendor
At some point in the career of a safety professional, the question may arise, “How can I leave my current training provider? We’re just not getting what we need”.
A recent blind, anonymous survey revealed that 1/3 of online safety training customers are looking to change their experience.
We compiled a list of those desired changes—in the words of customers across the provider spectrum—about what they want to see from their current safety training providers.
Key themes? More autonomy for the customer. More content: new and different, always. More access to customer service; better support. Expanded options for instructor-led training. Bonus: nobody seems to truly love their learning management systems (LMS).
- Add courses I need that they don't currently have
- Be able to implement changes without having to interface with the vendor. Too little 'hands on' for the user.
- Be able to make changes myself and not have to wait for them to do it for me
- Better LMS, refresh content more often, better pricing
- Change up the content more frequently!
- Cost and customizability of course as well as more topics
- Cost, location of PDCs, some topic tweaks to be more modern
- Course range. Pricing. Unlimited access customer support
- Courses are out of date
- CPR - issuing physical cards instead of digital
- Ease of use and relevance
- Easier to get ahold of
- First cost and make it 'relatable' to our industry and employees work tasks
- Have blended training
- Have the primary contact actually return calls and emails
- I am interested in using the LMS
- I wish all of their content was mobile friendly
- I would be sure that all of their course material was fully up-to-date with current regulation
- I would get rid of them or force them to update their titles
- I would like notification when/if there are changes in the software. I would like access to additional materials that could be distributed to employees regarding the courses being given.
- Improve customer service, primarily tech support for construction workers who are not tech savvy and not tech comfortable
- Improve flexibility of learning management system
- Improve the ease of use
- It is not easy to use or add information, takes a while to navigate through
- Keep video content current
- Limited in person offerings. I need certified courses on things like asbestos inspector, lead inspector, radon inspector.
- LMS and Reports - More functionality
- Looking at how we can use one vendor across all locations to deliver content
- Looking at new vendors in 2018
- Select respondent commentary