HSI February Newsletter
Your monthly digest of EHS, Compliance, and Professional Development resources & news for you and your business, with something for everyone.
New LMS Feature Release: HSI Advisor
HSI Advisor ties together easy-to-use assessments with a powerful recommendation engine
We’re pleased to announce the release of a new feature built into the HSI LMS called HSI Advisor. Best of all, it’s free. And it’s available to you right now!
HSI Advisor ties together easy-to-use assessments with a powerful recommendation engine that helps you get the most out of the HSI platforms. The recommendations help determine which topics and tools your workers need to create a safer and smarter workplace.
Through a growing series of surveys addressing topics ranging from general safety to hazardous materials and safe work behaviors, you can quickly receive customized recommendations for training and other solutions that are specific to your workplace.
See how it works by watching the demo video on our website.
We share your goal to create a smarter, safer workplace and strive to help our customers realize the full value of our relationship, our products, and our services.
If you have any questions about HSI Advisor or how to get more out of HSI tools, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Please note, this feature is not available on legacy versions of our LMS or systems.
COVID-19 ETS Update
In response to the January 13th Supreme Court ruling, OSHA has withdrawn the vaccination and testing emergency temporary standard issued in November 2021. What does this mean for businesses? While there isn’t an OSHA mandate regarding COVID vaccines/testing, it is strongly recommended that employers encourage worker vaccination and create a COVID-safe workplace.
OSHA is working toward a more permanent healthcare COVID-19 standard, so check OSHA often and stay up-to-date on developments.
HSI Exhibiting Schedule
- HSI (Industrial Skills) will be at IDEA CampusEnergy2022 February 16-18 in Boston, MA
- HSI will be exhibiting at Training Magazine’s Training 2022 Conference & Expo in Orlando, FL from February 28 – March 2, 2022.
- HSI will be exhibiting at RILA (Retail Industry Leaders Association) Asset Protection Conference in Orlando, FL from April 24-27, 2022.
- HSI will be exhibiting at
ATD 2022 International Conference & Exposition in Orlando, FL from May 15-18, 2022.
- HSI (Donesafe) will be exhibiting at Workplace Health & Safety Show Australia in Melbourne, AUS from May 25-26, 2022.
Course Update: OSHA 10 and 30 Hour
Over the past several months, our subject matter experts and design team have worked hard to update and revamp our General Industry and Construction courses. Our goal is to give you the most engaging and memorable experience on the market, which is why creating fresh content is so important.
With more engaging videos and interactive activities, you can expect to genuinely enjoy your training. So, if you or your team are due for some training, click the button below to buy.
Do you need to train a group? Call us and ask for a discount!
You can talk now with a OSHA 10 & 30 training specialist at 833-438-6742.
HSI Adult First Aid | CPR AED
Our new core program is now shipping.
The HSI Adult First Aid | CPR AED program package allows you the flexibility to teach and provide certification in any of the following nine options listed below:
- Adult First Aid | Adult CPR AED
- Adult First Aid | Adult/Child CPR AED
- Adult First Aid | Adult/Infant CPR AED
- Adult First Aid | Adult/Child/Infant CPR AED
- Adult First Aid
- Adult CPR AED
- Adult/Child CPR AED
- Adult/Infant CPR AED
- Adult/Child/Infant CPR AED
Multilingual Course Offerings
HSI continues to more offer courses in Spanish, and now Canadian French, to ensure complete understanding by all employees of important safety topics.
Some of the new courses include:
- Conveyor Safety - Translated Title: Seguridad de cintas transportadoras
- Intro to Loading Dock Safety - Translated Title: Introducción a Seguridad en la plataforma de carga
- Intro to Safe Material Storage - Translated Title: Introducción a Almacenamiento seguro de materiales
- Mobile Ladder Safety - Translated Title: Seguridad de escaleras móvile
- Eye Safety - Translated Title: Seguridad ocular
- Intro to Pallet Jack - Translated Title: Introducción a Seguridad de las paletas hidráulicas
- OSHA Work-Related Injury and Illness Recordkeeping - Translated Title: Mantenimiento de registros de lesiones y enfermedades relacionadas con el trabajo de la OSHA
- Earthquake Preparedness - Translated Title: Preparación para terremotos
- Hurricane Preparedness - Translated Title: Preparación para huracanes
- Tornado Preparedness - Translated Title: Preparación para tornados
- Hazardous Materials Transportation: Handling Non-Bulk Packages - Translated Title: Transporte de materiales peligrosos: Manipulación de paquetes no a granel
- Workspace Cleanliness - Translated Title: Limpieza del espacio de trabajo
- Cold, Flu, and Transmissible Illness Prevention - Translated Title: Prevención de resfriados, gripe y enfermedades transmisibles
- Mosquito, Tick, and Vector-Borne Illnesses - Translated Title: Enfermedades transmitidas por mosquitos, garrapatas y vectores
- Spanish - Fatigue and Stress Awareness - Translated Title: Concientización sobre la fatiga y el estrés
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Bloodborne Pathogens Overview
- Personal Protective Equipment Fundamentals
- Violence in the Workplace
- Violence in the Workplace Overview
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
Coaching Models for Managers
Our new series will help your managers discover their preferred style of coaching. We cover the following models:
- ACHIEVE Model
- CIGAR Model
- CLEAR Model
- FUEL Model
- GROW Model
- OSCAR Model
- STEPPA Model
Webinar Recording: OSHA's 300 Log - How to Make this Easier with a Safety Management System
If you could use a deeper understanding on OSHA regulations, and how automating and digitizing OSHA logs can save you time, watch to the recorded webinar that took place on Wednesday, January 26, 2022.
Chief Safety Officer, Jill James, and Product Manager, Sara Pajda walked through the ins and outs of the forms and help-aids available to determine recordability, as well as how HSI’s SMS Incident Management module can make it more manageable. We covered:
- How to log each physical location
- The process of entering each injury or illness that meets certain ‘recordability’ criteria
- How much easier it is to fill in all data, ensuring it’s up-to-date in case of an audit
- How an SMS can help with other applications, injury/illness related or not
Whitepaper: 8 Key Components of Modern eLearning
Fact: To have a successful eLearning program, you need to think about more than just buying video content, or even buying an LMS.
Yes, both video content and a quality LMS are needed to get things off the ground, but more is needed. How those videos are created and presented, and what activities, practices, and attitudes surround them, make the difference between a mildly ineffective program and a successful one that supports a true learning culture.
To be clear...
This white paper is not a pitch for the newest eLearning products or a list of trends to watch for in the coming years. Rather, we intend it to be an exploration of those things we see as being at the core of modern, effective eLearning. While we might mention a new technology here or an eLearning trend there, our focus is on those elements that, today, are necessary to make eLearning successful (and go beyond purchasing a good video library or LMS).
Guess the Movie Quote Answer:
Thanks for playing along!
Movie: My Cousin Vinny (1992), Character: Mona Lisa Vito played by Marisa Tomei