HSI June 2023 Newsletter
Your monthly digest of EHS, Compliance, and Professional Development resources & news for you and your business, with something for everyone.
Webinar: Stop yelling at me! How soft skills can make you a better safety pro.
Date: June 21, 2023 at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET
Join HSI Chief Safety Officer Jill James and “Dr. Todd” Loushine as they explore the importance of communication, conflict resolution, and other “soft skills” to improve how you do your job. We’ll have exercises and a self-reflection worksheet, as well as resources to take back to work with you and continue your journey.
June is National Safety Month!
Preventable injuries, commonly known as “accidents,” are the fourth leading cause of U.S. deaths. Each week during June is a different focus area, week 2 is Slips, Trips, and Falls. Regardless of your workplace, slips, trips, and falls is a real hazard that is encountered all too often and frequently makes the annual top 10 frequently cited OSHA standards.
HSI at Industry Events!
If you are attending these industry events, be sure to visit HSI in the expo. We would love to meet you in person!
- Come see us at AREGC, booth #22, in Park City, UT. Find out more about our transmission and distribution services for the utility industry, June 12th - 14th.
- See HSI at SHRM23, June 12th -13th, in Las Vegas at booth #A4200, and discover how HSI's products can benefit you as a human resources professional.
- We’ll be at the National Association for School Resource Officers (NASRO) School Safety Conference in Indianapolis, IN, June 28th - 29th. Booth #715.
A new feature added to the HSI EHS platform allows users to select multiple records and export them into a formatted document – similar to a mail merge function. This versatile feature can be used in several ways, such as printing equipment labels or producing a formatted summary document of all the incidents that happened at a certain location within a specified time period. Highlights include:
- Dual Use Formatting - Use the same export template for a single record or multiple records.
- Security Feature - Administrators can restrict export rights per record.
- Export Type Options - Export selected records as a CSV or formatted template file – with the ability to restrict CSV exports per module.
Cybersecurity and phishing top the list of important topics in our recently released courses. If you aren’t training all staff on what phishing is, the dangers, and how to avoid attacks, then you’re missing one of the most dangerous digital threats to your organization’s safety.
Checklist: OSHA Training Requirements and HSI Courses
Trying to figure out what OSHA safety topics are required vs. best practices? Do you know which you should be training workers on? We’ve pored over OSHA training standards to create an easy-to-use checklist.
On-Demand Webinar: First Line of Defense: How To Build Leaders That Drive Engagement, Inclusion and Retention
Join Blue Ocean Brain experts for this Training Industry Leader Talk that will help you create a successful leadership development program.
Whitepaper: Closing the Skills Gap and Building a Foundation for Long-Term Success With Training
Why is closing the skills gap critical for company success? Our white paper explains how innovative thinking is key to addressing the talent shortage, including why companies can’t afford to ignore training.
Guess the Movie Quote Answer
Thanks for playing along!
Quote: “My daddy never did get what he wanted. But he had what he needed. He had love! He never lost sight of what was really important. And neither will I!”
Answer: Princess and the Frog (2009). Character: Princess Tiana, played by Anika Noni Rose