HSI October Newsletter
Your monthly digest of EHS, Compliance, and Professional Development resources & news for you and your business, with something for everyone.
What is ESG, and Why Should You Care?
Chances are that more and more EHS and HR professionals, along with other departments, will be donning ESG hats—or at least taking on related duties—in the very near future, if not already. HSI is here to help you navigate what this means and how it relates to you.
- ESG: Environmental, Social, Governance...
What is it? Why should companies care? And how do you begin?
- ESG and EHS: Similarities, Distinctions, and Responsibilities
- HSI ESG Solution Set and Reporting Capabilities
HSI Acquires Safety Training Provider SafetySkills
We are pleased to announce SafetySkills has joined the HSI family!
SafetySkills brings more than 1,000 courses and over 1,700 customers into the HSI fold. Both HSI and SafetySkills have always had a focus on EHS professionals and the development of employees.
HSI at Industry Events!
If you are attending these industry events, be sure to visit HSI in the expo. We would love to meet you in person!
- Innovating for Safe and Sustainable Operations: Oct 25-26, Austin, TX. HSI’s own Chief Safety Officer Jill James is a speaker at the Verdantix EHS/ESG in-person Summit.
- Join us at DevLearn Conference and Expo in Las Vegas October 26-28. Use discount code DLEXPO50 or follow this link to save $50 off your registration which can be combined with other available discounts!
- 2022 CACEO Code Conference: October 25-27 in Garden Grove, CA
- Utility Safety Conference and Expo: Nov. 8-10 in Glendale, AZ
NEW Visitor Management Solution
HSI recently released our new Visitor Management solution – mobile and kiosk-friendly, and fully integrated with our EHS platform.
We've added five new courses to our Cybersecurity topic. They include how to safely share information online, knowing if your device has been compromised, cybersecurity for remote and hybrid workers, and more.
Join HSI’s own Jill James at 11am PT/2pm ET for 5 Essential Elements of Workplace Health and Safety – How to Reevaluate and Improve Your EHS Processes.
Whitepaper: QEW in the Manufacturing Industry
The OSHA standards relating to qualified electric workers (QEW) can be confusing. How do you identify which workers are QEWs? What training should they have? How do you know if the OSHA standards apply to you? Our white paper outlines everything you need to know to stay compliant with OSHA standards 1910.332 and 1910.33 for non-utility industries.
Guess the Movie Quote Answer
Thanks for playing along!
Quote: “Oh, look. Another glorious morning. Makes me sick!”
Answer: Hocus Pocus (1993), Character: Winifred Sanderson, played by Bette Midler.