Drug and Alcohol Free-Workplace
Fill out the form to watch this Safety Tip video.
Today's safety training video discusses how to keep your workplace drug and alcohol-free.
The economic costs of drug and alcohol abuse in the United States are significant and have continued to rise.
Some of the typical warning signs of a drug or alcohol problem are:
- Slow Reactions, Unsteadiness, Confusion
- Frequent Accidents
- Absenteeism and Tardiness
- Declining Performance
Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace programs are not intended to interfere in anyone’s personal life, but to improve safety in the workplace.
A drug-free awareness program should inform employees about:
- The dangers caused by drug abuse in the workplace.
- The employer's policy and activities that will be used to maintain a drug-free workplace.
- The types of services available like drug counseling, rehabilitation, and employee assistance programs.
- The penalties that will be imposed on employees who violate the drug-free workplace policy.
Having a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace is important for the well-being of you and your fellow employees.
We hope you gained a safety training skill today. Until next time, stay positive and stay safe.