Your Power Generation Training Source
Our power generation training programs provide your operations and maintenance personnel with a working knowledge of theory, procedures, and equipment to operate and maintain your power generating station safely and efficiently.
We can map all our curricula and development plans to your specific job classifications to develop generation training programs for positions such as auxiliary operators, control room operators, production technicians, and other roles held by power plant personnel.Course Library
Our animated, interactive library includes topics such as:
- Power Generation
- Turbine Auxiliaries System and Control
- Generator and Auxiliary Systems and Control
- Combustion Turbine Fundamentals
- Combustion Air and Flue Gas System
- Coal Handling System
- Boiler Fuel Systems
- Hydrocarbon Fired Boilers
- Boiler Firing Controls and Components
- Fundamental Aspects of Emission Controls
- Circulating Water System
- Condensate and Feedwater Systems
- Boiler Feed Pumps
- Boiler Water and Steam Systems
- Water Treatment
- Plant Electrical Systems
- Unit Start-up and Shutdown
- Efficiency, Reliability, and Environmentally Sensitive Operations
- Plant Control System
- Heat Rate Optimization
- Diesel Power Plant Operations
- Combined Cycle Power Plant Operations
- Hydroelectric Power Plant Operation
- Biomass Energy
- Wind Energy
- Reciprocating Engine Power Plants
- Nuclear Energy
- Solar Energy
Content Is Just the Beginning
Our goal is to make your facility self-sufficient and productive with our full range of services from planning and development to implementation and assessment/evaluation.
- Employee progression planning
- Instructional design services, including job task analysis, gap analysis, and training development
- Documentation development, including systems descriptions and operating procedures
- Assessment/evaluation systems to measure competency
- Training program planning and design
- NERC compliance services, including staff augmentation, CIP, PER-006 training, and audit preparation
3D Animation in Training
3D animation engages students and enhances retention. It provides a detailed look at equipment, so workers understand how all elements of the equipment work together.
Demo our training with 3D animation to see how it enhances training.
Looking for more information?
See our white papers and eBooks:
- The Employee Journey, How to Train Throughout the Employee Lifecycle
- Five Steps to Creating a Training Plan
- The Importance of Training and Progression Plans
Frequently Asked Questions
Our industrial skills training covers a wide range of equipment. Some examples include steam turbines, gas turbines, circulating water systems, boiler systems, condensers, pumps, and diesel engines. You can see a full list of our courses here. Just scroll down to the Power Generating Systems and Operations section.
We’ve developed an animated, interactive library with a wide range of topics from power generation to boiler fuel systems and plant control systems to renewable energy. Our training features 3D animation to engage and enhance student retention. It provides a detailed look at equipment so workers understand how all elements of the equipment work together.
Since HSI is more than a content provider, we also map all our curricula and development plans to your specific job classifications such as auxiliary operators, control room operators, and production technicians to make sure your training program covers all the tasks your workers perform.
Training is an important pieces of becoming a power plant operator. While requirements vary across organizations, a basic understanding of the power system is a helpful foundation.
With the exception of nuclear power plants, power plant operators are not required to be certified. However, it’s important to have a structured training plan in place, so your operators are prepared for any situations.