Simulation Training for the Power Industry
HSI has a variety of simulation-based courses to help students master situational awareness, decision-making, and action in Real-time emergency operations for transmission and distribution. System operators can earn simulation CEHs easily on our transmission simulator through online training available 24/7 or with experienced instructors in instructor-led courses.
For students preparing for the NERC exam, our NERC Certification program uses simulation for practical application of concepts.
Optimize Learning Effectiveness through Simulation
Transmission System Simulation
HSI transmission simulation training offers a highly effective and efficient learning approach that bridges theory and practice. It enhances knowledge application, decision-making abilities, and situational awareness while mitigating risks and providing valuable feedback.
Transmission System Simulation Training
- Balancing, Interchange, AGC
- Contingency Analysis
- Generators and Frequency
- Power Flow and Distribution Factors
- System Operating Limits
- Voltage and Transmission
- Adequate Level of Reliability Training
- Analyzing and Mitigating Contingencies
- Emergency Operations
- Emergency Operations & Communications
- Emergency Preparedness and Operations Standards
- Frequency Response and Balancing
- Human Performance
- Real Power Balancing & Congestion Management
- System Restoration
- Voltage Control