Frequency Response and Balancing with Simulation
In Frequency Response and Balancing training, students analyze the effects of frequency deviations on load, generation, and power flow. They identify Interconnection balance concepts and requirements and understand system operator responsibilities for supporting interconnection frequency. In this NERC CEH training, students simulate power system frequency impacts due to generator trip and frequency control during restoration using our proprietary power system simulator.
- Frequency deviation effects on load, generation, and power flow
- Interconnection balancing concepts and requirements
- Interconnection frequency support
- Power system frequency impacts during restoration
- Analyze the effects of frequency deviations on load, generation, and power flow
- Identify Interconnection balancing concepts and requirements
- List system operator responsibilities for supporting Interconnection frequency
- Simulation impacts to power system frequency due to a generator trip ad frequency control during restoration
This class is:
4 CEH 2 STAND 3 SIM
This class can be combined with others to make full day or multiple day classes.
All HSI CEH classes combine instructor lecture with a variety of simulation scenarios.
All CEH classes are private. Classes must be a minimum of two days. HSI reports all earned CEHs to the NERC SOCCED database. Learning objectives may change based on class length.