Advanced Distribution Concepts Training
This power distribution training gives students an in-depth look into the relevant ancillary aspects of distribution planning, design, and operations. Students discuss methods to improve circuit reliability performance, techniques to enhance voltage flicker/transients, and techniques used to troubleshoot stray voltages and currents. Additionally, this class covers modern digital electronic devices and other smart means to improve distribution automation.
- Describe how the various phases of distribution systems and integrated resources are planned
- Explain how distribution equipment is protected by transient overvoltage conditions
- Discuss how to reduce the impact that starting large motors has on power quality
- Discuss how stray voltages and currents occur and the means for correcting such problems
- Describe how service reliability and efficiency are improved through the use of new digital smart devices with modern communication systems